I explained here why PHP and Wordpress is a pain in the ass and that I decided to build a new software on a stack I knew.
As I am the only user of this software, I did not have to care about Mulit-User-Role-Permission Management, or Theming or plugins. Just a straight forward webapplication. But it should to it in the following:
- java as a basis. This language I speak best
- Freemarker as Templating-Engine - have a lot of great good examples with that
- It should do everything based on markdown. Wordpress never did that in a proper way. It was always a hassle. I use
Flexmark- available at github.
- mongodb as Storage
- and of course Morphium as POJO Mapper (download it here)
- Spring Web and Spring MVC
- multilanguage support (well, 2 , I only speak english and German)
- simple whitelabeling
Well... er.... that’s it. You see, quite simple actually. I used
Bootstrap 4 in the frontend although it is not officially out yet. But I did think, by the time I finished this blog software, bootstrap 4 would be out... ok...
The application runs within a tomcat, called by an NGinx which also does SSL-Termination. All more or less standard.
Of course there will be changes over time. but for the first try it is not too bad...